Our mission is to build sustainable communities in Africa, where hope thrives and legacies of opportunity are created, breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
Guided by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we provide a future of opportunity for the people of Africa by facilitating access to clean water, proper nutrition, medical care, education and training. By empowering individuals and families with the vital resources they need, they are able to make a lasting impact in their communities and change the nation as a whole.
WE DON’T GIVE A HAND OUT.
WE GIVE A HAND UP.
Throughout our years of experience, we have seen hunger and disease stifle progress in sub-Saharan Africa. The needs are so great, but traditional aid relief (shipments of food) only brings up generations of people to rely on others for their daily bread – keeping them locked in a cycle of poverty.
Child Legacy International functions to break that cycle by requiring participation from the local populations in the areas in which we work – so that the local people have ownership in the development and fortification of their own communities.
Honor and Love God
- As it says in Matthew 22:37 & 39, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- Love your neighbor as yourself. Respect each other regardless of race, gender, age and religion.
- Because He first loved us, it is our privilege to share His unconditional love with others – renewing hearts and minds.
Integrity and Stewardship
- Leadership and Character Development
- Adherence to moral and ethical principles based on God’s Word
- Accountability to God and man
- Honesty and Transparency
- Faithfulness in resources and talents
Excellence and Efficiency
- “Whatever may be your task, work at it heartedly from the soul as something done for the Lord and not for man.” –Colossians 3:23
- We endeavor to exceed accepted standards in all aspects of our work as we serve an excellent Creator.
- Time management to CLI is a matter of respect.
Stability and Self-sufficiency
- Helping people help themselves through opportunities
- Vocational training/education
- Sustainable programs
- Create local economy – community development
- “Teach a man to fish”
A place of hope for the people of Africa
From our local agricultural development, healthcare clinics, and children’s homes to the applicable skills training provided at our vocational training schools, we are wholeheartedly committed to helping people help themselves.
Changing relief from the “here and now” to the “now and forever” will give the people of Africa a new perspective on reliance that will impact generations to come.